You can change the future of interior design in Florida
- Examples of jobs you have had to turn down, like small offices, common areas of condos, community centers, hotel foyers, etc.
- How not being able to accurately describe what you do or market yourself in the yellow pages, website or search engines, advertisements, has cost you business because potential clients cannot find you
- How not being able to fully practice is making you less competitive
- Names of individuals or organizations that have recently emailed or telephoned you to do commercial work, but that you had to turn down
- List examples of any and all disciplinary actions inflicted on you by the prosecuting attorney, detailing exactly why you were cited
- List any fines you had to pay
- List any attorneys fees or legal bills associated with defending or answering disciplinary charges
- List any costs associated with being forced to come into compliance
- State if you had to sign an affidavit to avoid fines, basically signing away your right to ever practice interior design or call yourself an interior designer and how that has hurt your ability to earn a living
- List any particularly egregious charges, such as being disciplined for “referring to yourself as interior designer on a bookmark” or “listing yourself as interior designer on your application for licensure,” etc.
- If you live in another state, but are prohibited from working in Florida and contributing to the Florida economy through the products you would purchase and people you would hire to complete your projects, you should also write to the Governor and Senator.
Please email all letters to pmorrow@IDPCinfo.org by Thursday, March 5th. You may sign them or remain anonymous using just your first name, initials, or pseudonym if you prefer privacy. Keep them to one page, and attach as a word document, if possible.
- Do you want to continue to let this cartel restrict you from performing services that you would be perfectly able to provide in 47 other states?
- Do you want to continue to let this cartel take away your First Amendment Right to accurately describe yourself and what you do?
Please email your letters to pmorrow@IDPCinfo.org by March 5th.